Answers to some frequently asked questions;
What do you charge?
- My hourly rate is $150 - $400/hr depending on the job specifications.
Do you retouch the images?
- I always go through each image and color correct and crop it. With close ups and headshots retouching is done on an individual basis.
How long have you been a photographer?
- I have been a full time photographer in the SF Bay Area for over 20 years. In that time I have photographed hundreds of weddings all over the world.
Do you travel?
- Absolutely, I love it!
Do you specialize in weddings?
- Yes, that is what 80% of my business is. I have a style and energy that is well suited to the wedding day. After seeing so many events I am never taken by surprise by anything and always ready to get the shot.
Do you have back up equipment?
- Yes, I bring at least two of everything and in these 20 years have never missed an event or the shot!
And perhaps a more important question is what KIND of equipment do you bring? I bring over $10,000 in Canon camera bodies, lens and lights so that I can get as many different views and perspectives as possible.
How about an assistant?
- If we need one I bring one. Why have 2 photographers at a small wedding? I really want the coverage to be as inconspicuous as possible so that the events can unfold in a natural way. If you are looking for someone to direct the action and have everything posed and predictable that's not me!
How would you describe your style?
- I like it when my clients say that they never saw me but I always got the shot.
I really believe I am there to capture the moments in a candid, real way using my years of experience to be in the right place at the right time and let the moments unfold in a natural way.
Do you take more posed or candids?
- No one wants alot of posed photos unless we're just out doing a Family Portrait Sesssion. But for a wedding I want to get the story of the day in a candid way. We'll get those posed photos but it will be fast and fun!